Friday, November 14, 2014

Minimize Time in the Kitchen: Stress Free Strategy #1 from That Busy Girl


In our American culture, women are busy. Busy being mothers, wives, career mavens, homemakers... women are busy just plain old taking care of business. 

When it comes to putting meals on the table, I like to keep a high standard and cooking for me and my husband used to STRESS ME OUT. Not only can preparing high quality meals get expensive, it can also be super time consuming. But after a few years of seeking advice from other wise busy women in my life, I've tried out (and sometimes failed at) creating a set of tips and tricks that allow me to simplify life WITHOUT compromising taste, nutrition or my sanity.

I calls these my Stress Free Strategies. 




Strategy #1: Busy Girl, Get Yourself a Crock Pot!

A slow cooker, most commonly referred to as a Crock Pot, is an amazing kitchen device that will literally change your life. Let me tell you why...

Set It & Forget It (Literally)
Want to come home to wonderfully scented home and a delicious, healthy meal ready and waiting for you? With a slow cooker, this dream can be a reality. 

I set up my Crock Pot in the morning before heading off to work. All I need to do is layer my meat, vegetables, seasonings and juices and set it according to how long I'll be gone. One incredibly convenient feature about using a slow cooker is that the meat I use doesn't even need to be thawed! I can pull whatever I want straight out of my freezer, throw it in the crock, go about my day and walk in the door to a dinner that's ready to be served.

Make Your Budget Happy
The initial cost of purchasing a Crock Pot is typically less than $100 dollars and after you acquire it, the savings just keep piling up. Slow cooking meats results in a tender, tasty end product no matter what cut of meat I use. This means I can purchase much less expensive cuts of meat and still end up with a delicious meal that makes everybody happy, including my budget. I also typically use dry herbs and spices in my slow cooker which are much cheaper than fresh versions. 


So if you're a Busy Girl like me looking to simplify her dinner experience, then I suggest you use my strategy and Get Yourself a Crock Pot! The only thing you have to lose is stress!


Here are TWO Crock Pot recipes that I absolutely LOVE. Try them out in your slow cooker the next time you want a simple and delicious dinner waiting for you when you walk in the door!






This Busy Girl wants to hear from YOU!
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW
answering one or all of these questions:

What is a STRESS FREE strategy you use to get a quality meal on the table?

What Crock Pot recipe do you LOVE 
to set, forget and come home to?


xoxo,









4 comments:

  1. I haven't used my slow cooker for ages, now it's getting colder I will be defo using it more!

    www.conversationswithcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really only ever use my Crock Pot in the fall or winter. I never really seem to want roast and potatoes in the summer... :) Too hearty for the heat!

      Delete
  2. I love my crockpot. I am hoping to incorporate more use of it by the start of the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good New Year's Resolution! "De-stress your kitchen"!

      Delete