Friday, October 3, 2014

Egg Bagels: What the Angels Eat for Breakfast (Because They're Quick & Delicious... and Angels are BUSY!)


Looking for a quick, simple, delicious, satisfying, stay-with-you-all-morning-but-won't-weigh-you-down kinda breakfast? Yeah, I was too. Until I put bagels and eggs and brie and capers together - and my brain exploded.


I'm obsessed with capers and brie. Obsessed. If capers and brie were a celebrity couple, I would be their number one stalker. I'm not kidding, with restraining orders and everything. We'd be tabloid gold.

But thankfully capers and brie are just simple food items, and in real life, I'm not that creepy. 





Drizzle just a bit, like 1 or 2 teaspoons at most, of olive oil in a non-stick pan and place over medium-low heat. If you like your eggs sunny side up like I do, you want to keep the heat on the low side. After pan is heated, crack 1 or 2 eggs in there (I usually eat one egg and my husband prefers two.) Place a small handful of fresh spinach on the side and place a lid on the pan. 

Normally, I would say "salt and pepper to taste" but capers are SUPER salty, so this breakfast won't need any added sodium. And you won't find any pepper on my eggs because *gasp!* I actually don't like pepper on my eggs. But, if you like pepper on your eggs then by all means, pepper away, my friend.


While the egg(s) and spinach are cooking, toast yourself half a bagel and layer with as many slices of brie as your heart desires. You can't get drunk on it (I don't think), so live it up.


Once your egg(s) and spinach are cooked to your liking, layer the spinach on top of the brie.


Grab about a half-teaspoon of capers (not too many, these babies are salty!) and spread them evenly over the spinach and brie.


Top it all off with your egg and BOOM! Breakfast is served. Scarf or savor this little beauty (whatever you have time for), head off to work and walk into that job like you own the place. You just ate capers and brie for breakfast; I'm pretty sure that makes you a boss.


Got a quick, easy, brag-worthy breakfast recipe?

I would love to hear about it!

Share your stories (and photos if you have them!) with me at

Email me!    thatbusygirllife@gmail.com


Follow me on Twitter!    @thatbusygirl






Blair Clark is a wife, teacher, dog-mother, mentor, wanna-be-chef, recipe collector, crafter, painter, novice photographer, thrifter, writer, marriage ministry leader, Sunday school teacher and blogger. In short, she's a busy girl! Blair lives and blogs from the suburbs of Detroit with her handsome hubby and perfect Chocolate lab.




Brought to you by: That Busy Girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment